Monday, March 24, 2014

Playin' Hooky

Some days you just need to play hooky. On a Thursday. And a Friday. Penny and I took a hike at Shelby Farms, I read on the couch and drank wine, and I took some time in the kitchen to chop and think and feel at peace for a bit. It never ceases to amaze me at how much our bodies crave rest and renewal and the harder we push them, the less they work for us. Sometimes the more we have to do, the more we need to step back, gain perspective, and enjoy the day in front of us, and all of the sudden there's so much more time to do what needs to be done. Today, I'm back to it and full of so many more ideas and energized about this week!

Hooky. You are a lovely, lovely thing and I hope to see you more this spring as the weather gets prettier !! 

No comments :

Post a Comment