Friday, February 21, 2014

Sprucing up the Guest Room!




We have a guest room for the first time ever and it is so incredibly wonderful to get to play host!! I have a dear friend coming in town this weekend and have had the best time this morning adding some Southern warmth to the guest room. Here are my 5 favorites for a cozy bedside table:

1.) Flowers! Always a must and if fragrant ones can be found, the better! I found some tulips and hyacinths today at the market.

2.) Reading material- old and new! On this table, I have "Where'd You Go, Bernadette" by Maria Semple and a re-designed copy of The Odyssey (found at Anthropologie) .

3.) Bedside beverage- for late night thirst attack!

4.) A scintillating candle.

5.) Something quirky to add some personality to the room. 

Now we're off for a fun weekend! Have I forgotten anything? Do you have any favorite guest room flare that's a must? 

No comments :

Post a Comment