Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Jewelry Re-Vamp



Anyone have that box of mix-matched jewelry in your dresser? The one with the missing earrings, the necklace that you KNOW is coming back in style in just a few more years, the other half of the friendship heart from 8th grade? Well, I have one and I decided to go through it and re-purpose all the cool odds and ends I've collected over the years. Enter my friend, Sharon. She started a jewelry business, Revival Jewelry, a few years ago where she collects vintage pieces and rearranges them into the most gorgeous pieces! She took these two large pieces and made them into the most gorgeous necklaces for me! The tribal looking one on the left came from Ghana and I wanted to make it into a substantial piece. Sharon and I dug through her amazing collection of charms and found these Mexican prayer charms to add to the bottom. I love the international collection of goodies that necklace holds. The one on the right was a decorative furniture accrument that I found years ago at a going out of business sale. I think it originally belonged on a dresser, but I thought it needed to be worn as jewelry! Sharon found the perfect chain and we were in business! Check out her Facebook page for more pieces that she sells. If you're looking for a last minute Valentines gift, look her up!! 



    

1 comment :

  1. Thanks Hillary! I loved collaborating with you to make your fun pieces into great new jewelry you can wear and enjoy! The link to my Etsy shop is https://www.etsy.com/shop/RevivaledJewelry. S

    ReplyDelete