Monday, January 6, 2014

Throes of Winter


Well, it's here. Winter has descended upon us at a wompin' 11 degrees in Memphis, TN today and we're not quite sure how to handle this bitter cold weather. I literally heard my car cracking as I was driving this morning. That's not nerve racking at all...  It is, though, a great excuse to hunker down inside and get to work after a dizzying Christmas season.  It's also the time when I feel the winter blues the most. David just informed me that I get seasonally depressed. Great. I thought I was handling the shorter days better than I am. As we enter 2014, I'm trying really hard to beat the blues with gratitude. I'm about 3 years behind the trend and I have quoted her a ton on this blog, but I'm finally getting around to reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. The entire theme of her book is beating selfishness and weariness with thankfulness and I'm really excited about this new journey. I can already see my perspective slowly changing and my dreariness turning to joy. I'm ready for a new year and new exciting happenings and I've set a few resolutions for the year: being more intentional with my time to create less chaos and more calm, adding more thankfulness to my days, growing relationships by asking real questions and giving real answers, growing some big dreams for art business (exciting news to come!! ), and taking better care of myself with more yoga and Shelby Farms hikes.  What about you? I'd love to hear any tried and true tips for beating winter blues!! 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just seeing this...sorry! Several times - Monday at 930 and 515, Tuesday at 830, Thursday at 930, and Saturday at 930. It's only $5 a class, which is a bargain!

      Delete