Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Mornings: Gratitude


  "And when I give thanks for the seemingly microscopic, I make a place for God to grow within me," Ann Voskamp.  I had this quote chalked up last Thanksgiving season as the daily reminder that I need to be thankful in every tiny little thing. I like this other quote by Ann that summarizes the thought a little differently- thankfulness leads to the miracle of God growing in me. Our recent house hunt has led David and I to talk a lot about what is enough for us- how loosely are we holding our stuff and what does God's blessing look like in terms of things that we have. A recent piece of wisdom I found is that gratitude turns what we have into enough. I want to be content with enough. Today I choose gratitude and await a miracle to grow...

No comments :

Post a Comment