Friday, May 31, 2013

Recovering a Chair in Canvas Dropcloth


Furniture recovering is always exciting. You take a piece with great bones and a worn out exterior and give it a fresh look and new life. I love redeeming a piece that otherwise would be discarded. This chair recovering has been so exciting. David bought this green chair from the original owner when he bought our house 8 years ago and it's the chair he sits in to talk through our days when he comes home from work and I'm still painting. It's a really special chair with a lot of history for us and it was time for a much needed facelift.  I initially embraced the retro green velvet and went with the vintage look. It's been in my office, jazzed up with a chevron pillow, but I wanted to go more neutral with the fabric to blend in smoothly with future design trends.  I was looking for the least expensive option for recovering and I had the inspiration to cover it with a canvas drop cloth. I picked up a 9" x 12" drop cloth at Lowes and it turned out so great! My friend, Shannon, who lives in Franklin, TN, recovered this for me as I was able to drop off and pick up the chair during recent visits to the Nash. Shannon taught herself how to recover furniture and has been recovering some gorgeous pieces lately. She did such an incredible job and I couldn't be more thrilled with my new chair! If you're in the Nashville area, check her out on Facebook. Such lovely work, Shannon! So excited this worked out so beautifully!




No comments :

Post a Comment