Friday, February 15, 2013

Dear Deer

I'm reeeeeeeeaaaaally excited to showcase my most recent custom piece. This was far different from what I normally paint, but it's been one of my favorite pieces, probably because I got to play with huge chunks of paint to form a deer scene.  This was for my aunt. Kristi is an incredible seamstress and we traded artwork for some custom sewing. We chose the deer theme because her husband is an avid hunter of all things four-legged and breathing and thought he'd appreciate a piece of art dedicated to his sportsmanship.  She has been redecorating her living room and this came at the perfect time because I was able to work from her fabric swatches and as her textiles and furniture came together, so did her painting! I was even able to sneak in some swashes of Pantone's color of the year: Emerald green. In her line of work, Kristi stays up on color trends as she works with a lot of interior designers and the hot new colors that they incorporate into their client's spaces, so she was very keen on pulling on-trend color into her artwork.

Here's how it looks in her space:


      I was able to get some more pictures of her living room and her color palette that was worked into the painting:




I am in LOVE with this spherical ball of goodness. I'm not really sure what it is, but it adds a great dramatic flare to her sideboard.

No comments :

Post a Comment