Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Mornings: Judging Book Covers

Who says you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover? I always thought that was an odd hard and fast mantra. The time and effort put into the cover design usually reflects a novel that was written with much care and concern and one that a publisher wants to promote with good art on the cover! I must admit that I'm quite the sucker for a good looking book. We drove to Oxford, MS this weekend for a quick little getaway jaunt. While there, we ducked in a little bookstore on the square and I was drawn to so many well designed books that I had to share my top favorites. I haven't read any of these, but I might be digging in to one soon just because they looked so good...

New York Times Book Review, Top 10 Books of the Year
Left image- box that holds all of the quirky pieces of the graphic novel. 

-Hillary Butler Fine Art-

No comments :

Post a Comment