Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Inspiration for Custom Work



I am often asked where I find inspiration for artwork and I'm happy to share a great example of the inspiration process today.  The above piece was one that I recently collaborated on with a friend. She and her husband wanted an abstract piece with a field of flowers that also brought back memories from their travels in Europe. Holly sent me the picture below as the inspiration for our project and they also decided that they wanted a French barn in the composition to add a bit more of a European flair to the piece. I used the photo for the basic composition, adding a few of my own touches. 
I then snooped around for some good images of stone French country barns and found one that fit well in the scene. This was such a great painting to work on and such an easy process working with Holly and Allen.  I hope it brings you two as much joy as it brought me! 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment