Friday, November 30, 2012

New Digs!



 My office has been looking a bit drab and in need of some freshening. After the show, I had a bit of time to devote to some office sprucing! Winter blues hit me pretty bad this time of year and with limited hours of sunlight, I wanted to bring in as much natural light as possible and fupdate the look of the space.  First, the dark suede walls had to go- it was a great color, but terrible for reflection of light.  Instant transformation occurred when the walls got a fresh coat of light grey. No more shadowy corners!  I replaced an over-sized captain's lamp on my desk with two smaller Hollywood Regency-styled beauties (found at Lowes!), and found a bold chevron pillow from T J Maxx to liven up my  green velvet chair.  I had previously stashed away a director's chair (also from the Maxx) that I decided to pull out for the makeover. The transformation was astounding! David poked his head in after all was in order and announced that the room was "hot." Success!  I'm flyin' high with all this new light and maybe a little from the leftover paint fumes... 

1 comment :