Tuesday, October 2, 2012

November 4th Show -Sneak Peeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 I would like to extend an invitation to all to come and see my new collection that will be on display and for sale on Sunday, November 4th from 2-4 pm at WKNO in Cordova, TN.
Come one, come all- hope to see you there!

I'm also excited to present a few sneak peeks of some the show pieces on this lovely Wednesday morning!! I'm pretty pumped about this show- as an Art History minor, I finally get to paint some of my favorite lovely ladies that have been swimming in my head for years now, namely Chartres Cathedral (tip top ptg).  I've wanted to commit Chartres to canvas for around 10 years now, and it was a beautiful day when that painting came together. 

As I was brainstorming on this series, I realized that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to paint some of the gorgeous beauties here in our own city, being that an old nick-name of Memphis is the "City of 1,000 Churches."
(Any Memphians recognize the Church on the very bottom?) 

Stay tuned for a few more sneak peeks as the show draws near!











5 comments :

  1. Love. Love. Love. I'm really excited about your show. I might need some more deets on some of these. We're getting an update on our family room and have a spot where we will need some art... That mustard yellow is one of our accent colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - and I think that's St. Mary's Cathedral downtown.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pieces Hilary! I can't wait to see them in person. :) P.S. I think its Tuesday. right? wait... now I'm not so sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garrett girls, you make my rockin' world go round... :) The show is on Sunday- Em, lemme know what painting you like and we can talk :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl !!! The Pic's are great!!! Looking forward to seeing you and your show !!!!

    ReplyDelete