Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Show Time!! Memphis Watercolors

The Flanagan-Managan.

The next great music star to hit Memphis, the Armstrongs, and Pops.

Garret-palooza!!!

Two gingers and the Elmwood


The Canadians and the Hughes (and little Hughes in hiding)

Us with "The Grandmother" (as she calls herself) and my dad.

Brother Andrew and Canadian Bro-in-law, Tim. Sweet artsy friend Tirzah.

If one can have a donut, why eat anything else? We were looking for local food that tied into David's show and with three donut paintings on display, we figured, why not Gibson's?? I think we have a donut problem...

Mom extraordinaire, my stylish sister, and Erin, Ms. Amazing Graphic Designer

I'm finally getting around to posting pictures from David's show. We had a such a great turnout and so much fun catching up with old friends! An extra special treat was that 4 out of 5 of David's siblings and their families were there. Four outta five ain't bad when everyone's scattered across the states and... Canada!. His sister Biz wins the award for traveling the furthest to come to the show- all the way from London, Ontario.!

One of the most fun parts of the show was watching everyone snack on donuts and drink from their milk cartons like we did when we were 5. I think that's what I love so much about David's art- it brings out the kid in you. He has quite the knack for finding the places around town that resonate with special memories and good times. He still wows me each time he lays out a new watercolor for me to see. His talent blows my mind! So proud of you, David Butler and cannot wait to see what you come up with next!!

The show is still up for two more days at WKNO and originals and prints are available online even after the show closes!

Some of his works that were at the show:

The Arcade!

Huey Burger

The Infamous Stax


Gibson's! Many a crazy, late night spent here...



Franks Deli

Commissary

Java Cabana





1 comment :

  1. Aw! Wish I could be there! So proud of y'all, I'll eat a donut in your honor ;)

    ReplyDelete