Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Morning Indulgence: Fig time!

I recently made a very exciting discovery- a fig tree in the back corner of our yard, of which I have been fantasizing about feasting on figs all month! I pinned countless fig recipes on the Pinterest and psyched myself for harvest season. And then a very, very tragic thing occurred. I walked out one day to find that the squirrels ate all my figs and I was left only with beautiful fig branches for my dining room table. And that, my friends, is the very anti- climactic end to a very anti-climatic tale this Monday morning...  I'm mourning my figs today and scrounging around for any store that hasn't sold out.  Next year, squirrels, watch out- it's my fig tree and I have to defend it...

** Update ** So I got a little carried away with this one today and turned these into printable note cards : Find them here at my Etsty site !!

1 comment :

  1. We had a huge fig tree at our midtown house. But I never knew when they were ripe - they always felt hard on the tree, but too squishy when they fell. And the birds and squirrels were pesky, too. I'll have to go check your pinterest board for some recipes because I don't think I would have known what to do with ripe figs anyway!

    ReplyDelete