Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Morning Composting

Egg shells, cardboard, grass clippings, vegetable scraps, coffee grounds. These no longer go to the garbage can in our house, but rather to our compost pile. I've been composting for years, but lately, I've gotten a bee in my bonnet to recycle even more to get my compost super rich for next spring's planting. While mine is not nearly as cute as this compost bin I found at the farmer's market, it makes me excited to know that even my scraps are being used in conservation to enrich my soil. Tell me- how are you conserving every day cast offs? I wanna know!!   

2 comments :

  1. Where are you keeping your bin? I recycle pretty much all the plastic, aluminum, paper, and cardboard that comes through my house, but I don't compost. I've wanted to try it for a while but am afraid of attracting bugs and racoons (or having a really stinky yard!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, It's a pile in the corner of the yard, but the goal is a bin of sorts. It doesn't stink, though!!!!

      Delete