Wednesday, July 18, 2012

50 Shades of...Blue (A Color Crush)

 Today's post is brought to you by the color...blue! It's one of my subconscious go-to's for a painting and I'm exploring new shades every day. It's amazing how many hues are lurking around waiting to be found in what may seem to be a solid color.  Variations of color are found in shadows, highlights, & reflections. As an artist, I'm constantly on the lookout for hidden hues- colors that make a composition pop. Enjoy these 50 shades !

Image Credits: 

2 comments :

  1. I love blue - all of it! I love the thrill of opening a teal box tied up with white ribbon. And I love how beautiful my blond-haired, blue-eyed girls and boy look in any shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, I love your blue eyed kids too, and maybe those teal boxes with white ribbons... :)

    ReplyDelete