Friday, June 22, 2012

Ikat Fever!





I have a blank canvas for my studio curtains, literally. A huge sheet of canvas drop cloth is waiting for me to paint on a pattern and I've decided to use an ikat style. It took me a while to get on the ikat wagon, but I've climbed on board and am super stoked about these curtains!  I have grey walls and some pops of green, so I want to use some deep navy and pink as colorful accents.  I've scoured the internet for some patterns that I like and these are some that struck my fancy. The bottom skirt pattern is my favorite and I fashioned my own pattern after it, adding my colors. 

   I am terrible about mocking up projects for myself, but this time, I am determined to figure it out on a small scale before I get deep into it and decide to go a different direction since it's going to take some time to paint this on. I've narrowed it down to these four. Which one is your favorite? Help me decide!!

___________________________________________________

Image credits: Navy Sofa | Tea Cups | Lamp Shade | Hot Pink Pattern | Table Setting | Arm Chair | ASOS Skirt

4 comments :

  1. I like #3... it has a little of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4. The Navy and Pink are "accents" not the the focal point of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete