Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Morning Indulgence: It's Lounge Time!

This post is an exciting one- several years in the making! I am so happy to be able to show pictures of a lounge area in our backyard that we've been working on for a while now. This started out as a hammock court that David built and then when my grandmother gave me this amazing lawn furniture it became grounds for a new idea- a lounge area for indulging myself with long sips of coffee in the morning, naps in the afternoon, and some cocktails with the girls in the evening. It's fun to trace back all the little items I have collected for this place. In fact, this whole area is a communal labor of love. The cushions covers are a gift from my aunt. The iron work is from our porch when David updated it. That orange flower pot used to hold my baby lemon tree, and then another baby lemon tree until I realized that I did not possess the ability to grow lemons... The sconces came from our old bedroom decor and I got that star as a Christmas gift a while back. Those twinkle lights actually grew into the tree after a few years and had to be replaced! And, yes, that is my dog's behind. She loves to photo bomb.  I'm looking forward to many a recharging morning out here this summer!! A very happy Monday to you!



2 comments :

  1. Nice! Can't wait to come over for cocktails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come by any day, Brens!! I am ALWAYS looking for an excuse to lounge here... :)

    ReplyDelete