Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Morning Indulgence: Personal Wine & Cheese Party


Good Morning, Monday. It's here. And if it's starting off to not be such a great Monday, there's still the hope that Monday night can rescue the day. If it's a promising day, this is an even better way to kick it off. For this Monday indulgence, grab a bottle of wine after work and some simple cheese plate accompaniments such as dried apricots, figs, and your favorite cheese. A few sprigs of rosemary add a relaxing fragrance to this unwinding ritual.

I would like to feature my absolute favorite wine in the whole world, Chateau Montelena. It won the 1976 Paris tasting and inspired the movie "Bottleshock." I had this at a fancy dinner party a few years ago and was blown away with the party that happened in my mouth. Unfortunately, this isn't a liquor store special, so it must be saved for a day in serious need of redemption or one that calls for great celebration (we plebeians can buy it here).  In honor of our upcoming five year wedding anniversary, David and I will be opening this bottle that I've been saving for some time now to remember one of the greatest days of our lives. Happy Monday, indeed! Cheers!

2 comments :

  1. Yum. Wine is my favorite kind of indulgence! Thanks for the recommendation! Y'all are such young, cute things. We've got 2 bottles we're saving - for our 15th and 20th. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you plan ahead!!!! I am fantasizing about opening this bottle!!!

      Delete