Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Artwork Available for Purchase


"African Acacias." Acrylic on 24" x 22" inset canvases.
These make great companion pieces or individual statement pieces. Available for purchase at Lisa Mallory Interiors. Gallery info here.  


I've been on a warm color kick with spring colors infiltrating the market. Playing with layering not only vibrant color palettes, but also layering colors strategically beside each other in complimentary fashion is making me very excited about my spring collection!  Watch out for lots of pinks, oranges, and yellows in vogue for Spring 2012.  Here are some closeups of the London Bridge painting below:





"London Bridge." Acrylic on 48" x 60" canvas 
Available for purchase at my new Shop!!
 

This was a really fun piece that I worked up for the show, not to mention quite the full body workout as I had 4 x 5 feet of canvas to cover. David's alternate suggestion for the title was "Falling Down." Falling down, falling down... 

An interesting note about the history of this canvas: David purchased it for himself after an argument in which I made him mad. He ended up not using it, and I wrangled it from him with the inspiration for this piece. Artists and their vices...