Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Morning Indulgence: Grapefruit Cocktail


I've been enamored with shades of oranges, grapefruit and pinks as I've been working on my spring collection and what more great excuse to find inspiration than making a morning cocktail to kick off a work week. I enjoyed sipping on this with breakfast this morning as the sun poured across my dining room table. This morning elixir is bound to spice up any day of the week, especially those days when you're not terribly excited about rolling out of your warm cozy bed. 

1 grapefruit
3-4 sprigs of mint
Spoon full of sugar (I used Splenda)
Splash of club soda
Ice cubes

Juice your grapefruit and add your sugar and 2 sprigs of muddled mint into your glass and stir.
Add ice cubes and top off with a splash of club soda. Garnish with mint sprigs and grapefruit slices.
* Afternoon pick me up- add splash or two of rum.

Happy Monday!!





1 comment :